Guide to Fixing The Comment Sections

After a half hour, I have finally figured this comment thing out… I must said it made me really question my ability to use technology now.

For those who may still be confused, here’s a quick guideline to getting it all set up:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Discussion
  3. Under Default Article Settings, check mark “allow people to post comments on new articles”
  4. Change other settings as you would like and save changes

If you had older posts and would like to open up the comments for those, go to the posts section, click “quick edit” and check mark “allow comments” which is right under the tags section.

Hope this helps anyone who hasn’t been able to figure it out yet!

(P.S. Sorry Prof. Rabin for all of emails notifying you of “new posts” from me… it took a bit of trial and error to figure this one out)

5 thoughts on “Guide to Fixing The Comment Sections

1. Thanks Hilary for figuring this out for us all! Hope you’ve had a great weekend!:)

2. Hmm… Can you take a snapshot of your settings? And of your posts? Maybe something is still unchecked/checked? And if we need to, I bring my laptop around all the time so we can try to fix it before class on Tuesday.

3. I still can’t get it to work, and I’ve done exactly what you said to do. It still says “Comments are Closed” 🙁