- Ph.D. in Statistics, Texas A&M University, Aug. 2006
- M.S. in Statistics, Texas A&M University, May. 2004.
- M.S. in Ship and Ocean Engineering Fluid Mechanics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- B.S. in Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
Minor in Industrial Foreign Trade, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
I did two years post graduate scientist (post-doc) at
Institute for Mathematics Applied to Geosciences (IMAGe),
National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) in Boulder, CO before I moved to Purdue in 2008, then I moved to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2013.
- Univariate and multivariate spatio-temporal data modeling
- Bayesian hierarchical modeling
- Copula methods
- Spatial extremes
- Functional data
- Paleoclimate reconstruction
- Large data analysis in climatology, atmospheric and environmental science
- Public health including childhood cancer and human morbidity
- Time series data analysis