Welcome to the Watershed-Ecosystem Research Laboratory of the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Our group is committed to untangling the intricate relationship between watershed hydrology and the ecosystem in a fast-changing world.
Our Research focus:
- Watershed hydrology and ecosystem response to climate and land use changes
- Evaluation of environmental models using global uncertainty and sensitivity analysis
- Contaminant fate and transport processes (sediment and nutrients)
- Soil and water interactions from local to large scale
- Hydrologic time series analysis
Our proposal, “Untangling the dynamics of soil erosion through the confluence of data, hydro-ecologic, and decision analytics for a sustainable agro-production system” was approved for funding from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA) under the Food and Agriculture Cyberinformatics Tools (FACT) program area for $500K. This proposal will have a counterpart from the Center for Development Research (ZEF), an international university-affiliated institute of the University of Bonn, Germany.