Qualifications: Participants must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the program. There is no upper age limit. Younger students may be considered on a limited basis. All students under 18 must have a parent or guardian with them.
To complete the application form, you will need:
- A repertoire list of works studied in the last three years.
- Two recordings representing contrasting periods. (waived for current U of I students, and students of guest faculty for SPI)
The recordings may be uploaded directly into the application form, or you may chose to provide links to these files on the web (YouTube, SoundCloud…)
Admission is on a rolling basis.
Tuition: Early Bird Tuition is $1,000.00 through June 1, 2023. After June 1, 2023, tuition increases to $1,250.00
Tuition includes daily access to Steinway grand piano practice rooms, private lessons and participation in master classes, lecture on Chopin Etudes by Dr. Ian Hobson, interactive chamber music masterclass featuring principal musicians of Sinfonia da Camera and the final gala concerts. These fees also provide admission to all concerts.
For participants, housing and meals are offered in the newly renovated Illinois Street Residence Halls, located close to the School of Music. Payment for housing will be collected upon arrival.
Housing rates for 2023 will be available soon. Arrival on Sunday, departure on Sunday; seven (7) nights. Options:
- Single room: $59.36 per night
- Shared room (2 people): $38.69 per night
- All meals are available on an individual basis at the ISR dining hall and cost $10-$16 and paid for at the time of dining.
- Meals are also available at many locations away from the dining hall within a short walk from the music buildings and ISR.
Monday evening, all participants are invited to our traditional Garden Party with food and beverage provided.
Full refund is available until June 7, 2023
Partial refund is available until June 23, 2023.
July 1-July 22, no refund with withdrawal.
In the case of event cancellation, all fees will be fully refundable.