Project Presentation Videos
Highest order bits
- You will do the mini-project with your group
- The major activities on the project will be starting in early March
- There are two broad options for you as introduced below
What you should do now
- Discuss with your group.
- What are you most excited about?
- What skills and constraints do you bring to the table?
- What would you like to have accomplished by the end of the semester?
- Do you envision continuing this work beyond this class?
- Accordingly, which track you would like to follow?
- 10% of your project grade
- Due on March 22
- The presentation should be around 8 minutes
- Here is a template for your presentation
GEM (Hardware) Track
Our GEM vehicle has several software modules for autonomous waypoint following, LIDAR, camera, etc. Build on existing the existing SW to do something cool and interesting and live demo at Highbay at the end of the semester. E.g., Reliable parallel parking, lane following control, safety evaluation of lane following control, pedestrian avoidance, pedestrian intent estimation (while car is driving).
- Few people in your team should have a valid driver’s licenses
- Highly recommended that your team has a car (you will have to get to the highbay often—201 St. Mary’s street, Champaign)
Get lab DRS Laboratory Safety Training and DRS Fire Extinguisher Training from here. Generate the training certificates and send it to our head TA. More in-person trainings for the highbay will be necessary.
GRAIC (Simulation) Track
GRAIC is an open international autonomous racing competition to be held on May 3rd. Your tram will compete in this race and have to develop the software for autonomous racing in environment with pedestrians, complex tracks, and other vehicles. Perception is not going to be a big part of the competition, but if you like, you can create your own version of the race and develop the perception pipeline.
- Familiarize yourself with the GRAIC simulator and software.
- Sign-up on their mailing list
See some examples of projects from previous years.
More details will be posted shortly.