My research is on optimization and game theory, with societal applications such as political redistricting, election modeling, evacuation planning, and team formation in online health forums.
You can get in touch with me at rahulswa <at> illinois <dot> edu.
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering (2016 – 2021 expected)
- State University of New York at Buffalo, M.S. in Operations Research (2014 – 2016)
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras, B.Tech. in Engineering Physics (2009 – 2013)
- Swamy, R. and Murray, T., forthcoming. Computing Equilibrium in Network Cost-Sharing and Discrete Election Games. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization
- Swamy, R., Murray, T., and Garg, J., 2018. Network Cost-Sharing Games: Equilibrium Computation and Applications to Election Modeling. Combinatorial Optimization and Applications. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 11346, pp. 722-738 [pre-print]
- Swamy, R., Kang, J. E., Batta, R. and Chung, Y., 2017. Hurricane evacuation planning using public transportation. Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, 59, pp. 43-55
Articles Under Review
- Swamy, R., King, D.M., and Jacobson, S.H.. Multi-Objective Optimization for Political Districting: A Scalable Multilevel Approach. Optimization Online preprint.
- Ludden, I.G., Swamy, R., King, D.M., and Jacobson, S.H.. A Bisection Protocol for Political Redistricting.
Awards and Honors
- Recipient, MAVIS Future Faculty Fellowship 2019-2020
- First Place (out of 51 submissions), INFORMS Best Service Science Paper Award Competition 2019.
- Finalist (out of 39 submissions), INFORMS Public Sector Operations Research Best Paper Award 2018.
- First Place (out of 30 posters), INFORMS Poster Competition Award 2018
- Recipient, UIUC ISE Graduate Service Awards 2016-18
- Recipient, SUNY Buffalo Thomas-Drury Industrial Engineering Scholarship 2014-15
- Science Lab Coordinator, Champaign Juvenile Detention Center Outreach Program (2019 – )
- Lead Editor, OR/MS Tomorrow (2017-19)
- Diversity Advocate, UIUC Engineering Graduate Student Advisory Committee (2018-19)
- President, INFORMS UIUC Student Chapter (2016-18)
- Stochastic Processes (CS 481/IE 410) – Fall 2019
- Simulation (CS 482/IE 413) – Spring 2017, 2018, 2019
- Big Graphs and Social Networks (IE 533) – Fall 2018
- Analysis of Network Data (IE 532) – Fall 2017
- Facilities Planning and Design (IE 360) – Fall 2016, 2018
- Engineering Design Optimization (SE 413) – Spring 2016