Sections M13 and M14
CRN 62178 and 33523
- Instructor: Richard Sowers (email@example.com)
- Office: 104 Transportation Building
- Phone: (217) 333-6246
- Home page: http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~r-sowers (this syllabus can be found there)
- Office Hours: M 9-10 AM and by appointment
- Class meets: TR 9:30-11 in 245 Altgeld Hall
- head TA: Peixue Wu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Text: Ross, A First Course in Probability, 9th ed. 2014. Coverage: Chapters 1-7, possibly Chapter 8.
- Logistics: Piazza.com
- Safety information: http://police.illinois.edu/emergency-preparedness/run-hide-fight/resources-for-instructors/
of the total numerical score achieved on exams and homework.
|Final (1:30-4:30 p.m., Friday, December 15)||30% of grade|
|Hourly Exam 1 (Oct. 3rd in regular classroom):||20% of grade|
|Hourly Exam 2 (Nov. 14th in regular classroom):||20% of grade|
|Written homework:||15% of grade. Written homeworks are due within the first 10 minutes of class. No late homeworks will be accepted. None. Can you turn your homework assignment in late? No. We grade some subset of the assigned homework. Some of this HW may involve some group coding assignments.|
|Quizzes:||15% of grade. There will be 12 in-class quizzes and we will drop the lowest 2. No makeups. That means no makeups. Can the quizzes be made up? No.|
I will be away: Sept. 7, Oct 17, 19, 24, 26, and Dec. 5th. We’ll have 6 makeup classes. More or less, these will be 7 AM TR starting Sept. 12th. Makeup classes will be Sept 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, and 28 in 141 AH from 6:30 AM to 8 AM. Rise and shine!!!!