Fall 2021 Pre-Law Recommended Course List
Registration for Fall 2021 is just around the corner! Every semester around this time our office hears from students asking for course suggestions. Students in ANY major can attend law school, and there are NO specifically required courses for pre-law undergrads. Law schools do not require any particular major or coursework. However, given an interest in law, we have compiled a list of suggested fall courses that pre-law students may find helpful and interesting.
To review a handy chart version of suggested Fall 2021 course options, please click here.
Be sure to keep in mind…
- This is not an exhaustive list. There are hundreds of classes being offered this fall. The highlighted classes may be particularly helpful and interesting for pre-law students, but there are many great options available.
- Recommended courses include those that examine specific legal topics and classes that provide opportunities to build skills in areas particularly relevant to law school, including writing, research, communication, and critically thinking and analysis!
- These courses are only suggestions and are NOT requirements. Students in ANY major can attend law school, and there are NO specifically required courses for pre-law undergrads. Law schools do not require any particular major or coursework.
- Some of these courses have prerequisites or may be restricted to students in the same department; check Course Explorer for additional course details and specific enrollment requirements.
- Keep checking back and check-in with the experts! Courses may continue to be added as we approach the fall semester. Having trouble deciding? Be sure to meet with your academic advisors for academic and course planning, we are also here to assist with course options! Professors are also a great resource to discuss goals and course options!