For those of you who have not yet secured a job or internship this summer, do not fret, there are still opportunities available! But now is the time to secure those summer jobs and internship positions. For some tips on applications, interviews, and other important things to do to make sure you land the perfect summer internship check out our blog post.
llini Career and Internship Fair, Thursday, April 2, 12pm-5pm, at the ARC!!
This career fair is open to all disciplines and is designed to serve as a “just-in-time” fair for students that have yet to secure a summer internship or full-time job after graduation.
Utilize Campus Resources!
- The Career Center hosts great events for finding an internship. Click Here!
- The Office of Student Financial Aid offers a Virtual Job Board intended to assist you in finding part-time employment. Click Here!
- Make sure you are registered to use Handshake@Illinois. This resource helps connect you with employers looking for interns and other full time jobs. To register, Click here.
- Get resume tips and get your resume reviewed. The Career Center offers tips for writing a resume. The Career Center also offers resume reviews.
- INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Legal Internship Opportunity — Holder Law Group, LLP
Holder Law Group, LLP, a young law firm in Champaign-Urbana, is looking for interns who want to be involved in a fast paced, high-tech, multi-area, legal environment. Holder Law Group engages in personal injury, medical malpractice, and civil litigation. Attorneys at Holder Law Group have had experience in both public and private sectors of work, including small and large law firms and are happy to share their knowledge and experience. Interns jobs will vary, and be assigned based on capabilities, but may include medical record organization, filing, abstracting depositions, assisting in trial preparations, Court filings, and attending depositions and Court hearings and legal marketing. Work times are flexible and we are willing to work around your academic schedule. Positions are available for fall, spring, and summer semesters as well as during breaks. Please email resumes and cover letters to Ms. Betsy Holder: Betsy@holderlawllp.com
Legal Intern: Car Freshener Corporation
- Researches infringers in assigned region of the world
- Recommends resolution strategies and negotiates settlements
- Coordinates legal efforts with in-market attorneys
- Drafts file summaries and reviews legal briefs
- Conducts online research
- Maintains legal files
- College Sophomore or Junior actively enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program from an accredited college or university
INTERNSHIP: State Department Information Session
The Career Center offers regular opportunities for resume, cover letter and Linked In reviews. In addition, here is one workshop that might be of interest to those of you considering international law.
For a complete list of upcoming Career Center events, go here.