Good news, ANYONE can be a Pre-Law student!! That’s right, there is no pre-law major here on campus, so students can choose to designate themselves as a Pre-Law. There is no additional credits or courses required. Student simply need to follow the steps below to in order to become a Pre-Law student!
We at the Pre-Law Advising Services help Illini students and alumni explore legal careers, build academic skills for law school, and prepare their most successful law school applications, maximizing admission and financial aid.
Students interested in Pre-Law should email email@example.com. Once, you have sent the email, add yourself to our Compass 2g page by following the steps below.
Pre-Law Compass Page
Have you explored our Pre-Law Compass page? There we share videos (including our Pre-Law 101 video), handouts, Illinois law school applicant profiles, and helpful handouts.
It’s easy to add yourself to our Compass page–just follow these simple steps.
- Login to Compass
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Browse Course Catalog”
- Type Pre-Law into the search box and click “Go”
- Go to the right of the course ID and click on the drop down menu (the circle with the downward arrow) that appears
- Select Enroll (after clicking on the drop down menu arrow)
- The Pre-Law Advising page will appear in the “My Courses” section of your Compass homepage.
*Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for a newly enrolled course to appear in your My Courses menu