Harvard, NYU, and Yale Law School Online Webinars!
Harvard, NYU, and Yale Law School would like to invite to you to participate in their Online Information Sessions. Participants will have an opportunity to submit questions about the universities curriculum, student life, and the admissions process. Follow the link to register for these events.
- Thursday, November 15 at 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 5 at 3:00 pm
- Thursday, January 10 at 12:00 pm
Access Lex Institute Webinar: Financing Your Legal Education Wednesday, November 7 at 3:00 p.m. ET
In this session, Access Lex will discuss the costs of pursuing a legal education, describe the financial aid application process, review the available financing options and identify ways your students can be financially prepared to achieve their goals.
Upcoming: Midwest VIRTUAL Law Fair on November 14! Were you unable to attend our Law School Fair? Over 25 Midwest law schools will be available to chat online with you about the admissions process, their schools, scholarships, journals, etc. This event is FREE and participants don’t need to travel! Click here for more information and to register.
Pre-Law Club Event: Life of a Law Student and Beyond
Thursday, November 1st, at 5:00 pm at the University of Illinois College of Law Room J (Dues Paying Members Only)
Come hear from Professor Pahre of the UIUC College of Law speak about her experience as a law student, lawyer, and her personal area of study, among other topics. Pizza and drinks are provided at this event for due paying member only. Dues will be $15 and can be sent on Venmo to @uiucprelawclub. Upon reception of your dues, you will be added to our RSO roster and our official email list. RSVP to the event on November 1st here: https://goo.gl/forms/WpbAk3l0BHk3NZxF2
The University of Illinois Pre-Law Honors Society and TestMasters will be administering a free full-length mock LSAT under official test conditions on Saturday, November 3rd from 10AM-2PM in Lincoln Hall, Room 1000. All UIUC students are welcome! Seating is limited: RSVP HERE!
Law School Open Houses
Some fall law school open house opportunities. Make sure you check the websites of your selected schools for these very helpful events.
- University of Chicago: Monday, October 29, from 1-5pm or Monday, November 19 (NOTE: That’s during Fall Break!), from 1-5pm. Click here for more details.
- Chicago-Kent: Saturday, November 10, 9:00am-12:30pm. Click here for more details.
- DePaul University: Saturday, November 10 – 10:00 am-1:00 pm. Click here for more details.
- University of Illinois: You can schedule a visit, attend a class, and meet with faculty, students, and senior administrators to discover all that Illinois Law has to offer. If you are on campus, now is a great time to visit! Click here for more details.
- John Marshall: Open House Saturday, November 3, 9am-12pm. Click here for more details.
- Northern Illinois University: NIU Law offers Information Sessions at both their DeKalb location (12:00 pm Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays) and in the Chicago Loop (on Tuesdays at 11:00 am). Click here for more details.
- They are also hosting a November Open House: Admissions Strategieson Saturday, November 10. Click here for more details.
- Northwestern University: Virtual tour available. In addition, student guided tours are offered Mondays and Fridays at 12:00 pm. In addition, class visits can be scheduled while classes are in session. Click here for more details.
- Southern Illinois University: Visits can be scheduled Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Click here to schedule a visit. There are opportunities to sit in on classes throughout the fall.
For more information about upcoming Open House Days and how to prepare for these visits, go here to our blog post from October 3.
Paid Summer Internship Opportunity: National Center for Supercomputing Applications
The National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) is looking for highly motivated, creative students to work on hands-on research projects with guidance from NCSA staff and faculty affiliates. NCSA’s Students Pushing Innovation (SPIN) internship program will host the SPIN Open House on November 7 from 3-5pm in the NCSA atrium to promote the summer 2019 internship projects. The center will offer a limited number of paid SPIN (Students Pushing INnovation) internships during the
the Summer 2019 session. The SPIN projects are open to students in any major and any year of study; international students can apply.
For more info contact email@example.com or visit spin.ncsa.illinois.edu.