GRE v. LSAT for Law School Admissions Monday, October 15, 2018 from 4:00 – 5:00 pm Lincoln Hall 1002
A hot topic in legal education is the recent decision by several law schools to accept a GRE or LSAT score. What should prospective law students know about the GRE versus the LSAT? Join us as Ms. Jennifer Kott, Director of Admissions at the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, shares details about how her offices uses the GRE in the law school admission process. This session will cover:
- Why the GRE is now being accepted by law schools
- How the GRE differs from the LSAT
- How law school admissions staff evaluate GRE scores versus LSAT scores
- Advice on how to decide which exam to take; and
- Communicating with law school admissions offices.
Click here for more information on the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law.
Build Your Law School Application Plan: Part of the Applying to Law School Webinar Series Friday, October 19, 2018 from 2:00 – 3:00 pm Online Webinar
This is part of our Applying to Law School webinar series for Illinois students and alumni.During this webinar, we will discuss:
- How to create a law school application strategy
- Building a list of realistic and dream law schools
- Assessing your priorities in a legal education
- Research strategies for finding law schools that are a good fit
- Budgeting for the application process
- Creating an effective timeline to maximize admission and scholarship results
Bring your questions!
Register for this webinar by October 16 at this link https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/766132. Webinar link and handouts will be sent to registrants before the session.
Upcoming: Midwest VIRTUAL Law Fair on November 14! Were you unable to attned our Law School Fair? Over 25 midwest law schools will be available to chat online with you about the admissions process, their schools, scholarships, journals, etc. This event is FREE and participants don’t need to travel! Click here for more information and to register.
Graduate and Professional School Fair Wednesday, October 17, from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm at the Illini Union ABC & Pine Lounge
Career Center Events—Click here to visit the Career Center’s website for more information or to register for these sessions.
THE ILLINOIS CLUB SCHOLARSHIPS: Application Deadline October 13!
Diverse and welcoming, The Illinois Club draws its membership from all areas of the University as well as the surrounding community. Since 1915, The Illinois Club has provided financial support to worthy undergraduate students. This year, we will be giving out the following scholarships:
- Make-A-Difference Awards of $3,000
- A Global Focus Award of $3,000
- A Humanities Award of $3,000
- Isabelle Purnell Education Awards of $3,000 • The Judith Life Ikenberry Fine Arts Award of $5,500
General Eligibility: You must be an undergraduate, have earned at least 60 credit hours by the beginning of the Spring 2019 semester, and graduate no earlier than December 2019 to apply. A minimum GPA of 2.75 at both the time of application and winning of award is also required.
For more information about the individual awards, go to http://go.illinois.edu/TICScholarship.
Interested in more scholarships? PLAS has collected information on over 200 scholarships–for both undergrads and incoming law students–on our Scholarships Spreadsheet over on our Pre-Law Compass page. It’s a wide variety of scholarships based on everything from being left-handed to making a video to tweeting, and deadlines vary, so check it out!