Description: Duplicate an existing page, post, or custom post to use it as the starting point for another page.
Creator’s site: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-page/
How to use it:
- Enable the plugin in your Dashboard’s Plugins listing.
- Click the Settings link in the Duplicate Page entry on the Plugins listing.
- Configure the default behavior as you’d like for it to appear. Suggested settings include:
- Choose Editor: All editors
- Duplicate Post status: Draft (so that you can adjust before publication)
- Redirect to after click on Duplicate This link: To Duplicate Edit screen (so that you can revise your new item before publication)
- Duplicate Post suffix: (blank, unless you have an altered name pattern you prefer)
- While logged in, navigate to the page or post you’d like to copy.
- Hover over the Edit Page or Edit Post link in the black control bar.
- Duplicate this as draft will appear as an option below the regular Edit Page/Post option. Choose it to make a duplicate of the page or post you are currently on. (You can also navigate to it with tab and arrow keys.)