There are a few issues that can cause this. Zoom may be having an outage. You may have left another Zoom meeting open, logged in incorrectly, not registered (if required by the Instructor), or not submitted the correct meeting password. The Professor may not have started the meeting yet.
There are a few things you can try right away:
- Double-check the Meeting ID and password.
- Check to make sure you have the correct time for the meeting in Central Time (CT).
- If the time is correct, it’s possible the professor hasn’t opened the meeting yet. Are you seeing a page that says the Host hasn’t started the meeting? If so, you may need to wait for a few more minutes to be “let in” by your professor.
- Sign out of Zoom, in your browser and/or in your Zoom computer application. Go to illinois.zoom.us, sign in again using your illinois.edu address, and choose “Sign in with SSO” (if that’s presented as an option). Once you’ve done this, you can click, “Join a Meeting” and enter the Meeting ID and password.
If you try those possible remedies and you are still unable to join Zoom, please submit a request to the Student Help Desk:
- Send in a “request for help” ticket anytime
- An eLearning Team member will respond as soon as possible