BADM 320: Principles of Marketing
In this course, we will study the functions, institutions and basic problems involved in marketing goods and services. You will be introduced to the terminology of marketing, the foundations of marketing strategy and the concepts of marketing planning. It provides an overview of aspects of the marketing discipline.
Prerequisite: ECON 202 or equivalent (Statistics I).
- To gain a basic understanding of the functions of marketing
- To develop a working vocabulary of marketing terminology and become familiar with marketing concepts
- To understand the role of marketing in an organization and the development of marketing strategy in both domestic and global markets
- To understand the application of marketing techniques to real world problems
Professor Shahbaz Shabbir Gill
Department of Business Administration
Marketing by Grewal (7E), Loose Leaf and Connect Access Card Combo for Marketing, 7th edition ISBN: 9781260691924 McGraw Hill. Authors: Grewal, Levy, Etzel, Walker, Stanton, Perreault, Cannon, and McCarthy
- Information on accessing the following materials will be presented in the Compass course site:
- McGraw-Hill Connect
- Harvard Business School Change Management Simulation