Whether you are new to the University of Illinois or a seasoned grad student, here are a few things you may not know about the Music and Performing Arts Library.
Print, audio/visual, online…you name it, we’ve got it
1. Our collections and resources cover all types of music, dance, and theatre from all over the world.
2. We have books, scores, CDs, and DVDs that you can check out, as well as LPs, reference materials, and journals that you can use in the library
3. Our online resources are available to you 24/7 when you login with your NetID
4. You can request things from other libraries or request that we purchase something
1. You can print from our computers or via wireless from your laptop
2. We have two scanners that are free to use
3. We will soon have iPads for loan
We have friendly and knowledgeable staff who want to help you
1. See our Ask Us page for ways to get help
2. We have online help guides for music, dance, and theatre classes and research topics
3. You can make personal research appointments with either of the librarians to get help with your paper or research project.
1. We have lots of study space at big tables near big windows
2. We make monthly guides to go with events at the Krannert Center
We have listening rooms and listening carrels for you to use when listening to or watching any of the media in our collections. Ask for a key at the Circulation Desk.
To keep up with MPAL news, follow us on Twitter @mpalillinois