Research or work related:
- Tandy Warnow’s website
- Github, and specifically, the Phylostrator
- This Week in Microbiology, my new favorite podcast
- Small Things Considered, a blog about microbes
- SEQanswers, a forum for the next-gen sequencing community
- UIUC Stats Department
- In the Pipeline, Derek Lowe’s fantastic blog about medicinal chemistry
- IGB Seminar Calendar. For anyone around UIUC, these are usually very good.
Not work related:
- This is the Green Room: This was a blog written by a guy in finance in New York from about 2007-2012. It hasn’t been updated in three-plus years but it’s responsible for a large part of where I went with my career, so sometimes I’ll go back and thumb through it.
- Professor Michael Timmons. My former aquaculture professor at Cornell. I’ve read his book virtually cover-to-cover at least three times.