Dr. Meidani earned his Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, together with a M.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California (2012). After Ph.D. graduation, he was a Postdoctoral Scholar in the Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering at USC (2012-2013) and a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute at the University of Utah (2013-2014). Since Fall 2014, he has been an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
1. Negin Alemazkoor (Graduate student, 2014-Present)
2. Mohammad Amin Nabian (Graduate student, 2015-Present)
3. Neelotpal Shukla (Graduate student, 2015-Present)
4. Xu Wu (Graduate student, 2015-Present: Co-advised with Prof. Kozlowski)
5. Yogesh Bhandari (Graduate student, 2017-Present: Co-advised with Prof. Lombardo)
Previous Graduate Students
1. Shengliang Dai (2016: Co-advised with Prof. Lombardo)
Undergraduate Research Assistants
1. Aliaa Taha (2016)
2. Bora Ozaltun (2015)
Our group has openings for bright and motivated students who are particularly interested in conducting advanced research in uncertainty quantification, model building, and validation and verification with applications to intelligent infrastructure systems and risk assessment approaches for civil systems. Higher consideration is given to those who have background in numerical methods, probability theory and statistics, optimization, and data sciences. If you believe you are a great candidate to join our group, please send an email to meidani <at> illinois (dot) edu. Please attach your CV including your coursework and the contact information of two references. Mass emails that do not draw upon the points above will not be given due consideration.