Type of Position:
Summer Internship: Summer Internship: May 16th – August 5th, 2016
Approximately 20-25 hours weekly from 8-10 am and/or 12 pm – 5 pm, Monday – Friday
The Career Center (TCC) is seeking two energetic and customer oriented summer interns for 2016. The Career Center is the primary point of contact for all students regarding professional development. The internship focuses on providing direct contact to thousands of incoming students and parents while working alongside TCC staff in designing and creating best outreach methods for current students. The intern will have the ability to work on both small and large projects as well as receive ongoing personalized, professional development help from TCC staff.
- Provide assistance to visitors in The Career Resource Center
- Assist students by providing one-on-one resume and cover letter critiques
- Complete various projects as assigned by The Career Center staff
- Present The Career Centers services and resources to all incoming students and parents during Summer Orientation Resource Fair.
- Provide assistance to visitors in The Career Center as the primary point of contact during the lunch hour.
- Interact directly with customers by telephone, email and face to face.
- Create a new career based “Bulletin Board” for use in the residence halls.
- Design and develop innovative methods to reach students.
- Meet regularly with supervising Assistant Director of Academic & Campus Outreach.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the TCC staff.
Interns must have outstanding customer service skills. Candidates must be energetic and willing to work with TCC staff, students, parents, and others as necessary. He/she must have strong verbal and written communication skills. These positions require strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment. Interns must be able to use Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Strong candidates will have experience presenting career based services and resources.
Application deadline is Monday, April 4th, 2016 at 5:00 pm.
Interested candidates will need to submit a resume, cover letter, and a brief 250 word writing sample on “How does this position fit into your personal and professional goals?”
Assistant Director—The Career Center
715 S. Wright Street, MC-383
Champaign, IL. 61820