The application for the 2016 Point Foundation Scholarship is now open! Point Foundation (Point) is the nation’s largest scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) students of merit. Point promotes change through scholarship funding, mentorship, leadership development, and community service training. Since 2001, Point Foundation has awarded 326 scholarships to LGBTQ students at colleges and universities across the country.
Scholarship application for 2016-17 is open from November 1, 2015 to January 19, 2016 on the Point Foundation website.
To be eligible:
- Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States in the fall of 2016.
- Must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/doctoral program.
- Must be at least a senior in high school.
- Must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community/
To learn more about the Point application process, visit their application page.