The Ameson Foundation has two exciting programs for students interested in traveling to China!
1. Ameson Year in China Program: this program is designed for college students seeking to expand their horizons and enhance their careers. Any native English-speaking degree holder is welcome to apply. Spanning one academic year, AYC is designed to enrich career development and personal growth. Immerse yourself in the heart of Chinese society; increase your competitive advantage in job applications in China, at home and around the world; learn Mandarin – an asset in business, government and non-profit organizations. What you learn in China can also enhance academic opportunities at graduate schools upon your return. In addition, you will have the ability to travel and experience the vibrancy of China, with plenty of holiday time.
2. AYC Internship: designed to enrich career development and inspire personal growth. Gain insight into Chinese business practices and strategies while immersing yourself in Chinese culture and society. They offer three types of programs:
- China Internship Program – 1 to 3 months program that allows participants to gain valuable work experience and understanding of how companies in the East differ from those in the West.
- Intensive Chinese Program – provides participants with the opportunity to learn Chinese in Shanghai. The program includes daily classes during weekdays, homework and in-class or on-line instructions. Weekly cultural and social activities will also be organized.
- Chinese + Internship Program – 2 to 3 month program were participants will take intensive Chinese classes during the first month and then intern for a company in an industry of their choice for the last 1 to 2 months.
If you are interested in any of these programs, you can find additional information in the following links: