Department of Comparative Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign
Biochemistry laboratory working on various projects is looking for motivated MCB majors who are very interested in doing research and getting credit under MCB 290. Positions are available starting fall 2015.
- Highly motivated freshman and sophomores with GPA (~3.6) who is keen to go to medical school, graduate school, pharmacy school or veterinary school are welcome to apply.
- Sophomores (in fall 2015) are especially encouraged to apply.
Experience with standard molecular biology techniques is desired but not required. High motivation and strong research ethics is required.
The application materials should be emailed as a single PDF file containing
(a) Resume, (b) a list containing details of courses and your grades and (c) one paragraph on your reason for applying for this position in my laboratory
UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH PROMOTION:
- Our lab believes in undergraduate research and we have an extremely successful track record.
- Undergraduates in our lab do hands on research, present papers and co- author papers.
- The last five undergraduate students have all co-authored papers.
- They have obtained American Heart Association Undergraduate Fellowship, MCB undergraduate fellowship, Biochem undergraduate fellowship and Fulbright fellowship.
- Additionally three of them had their thesis awarded “highest distinction”.
- We also encourage our undergraduate students to present posters, attend conferences, and writing scientific papers.
- One of the undergrads in the lab got the “best poster award” and “Fulbright fellowship”
Aditi Das Ph.D.