The following resources can help U of I investigators manage foreign influence. Contact Melissa Edwards to add something to this list.
Campus Administrative Manual
Export Controls FAQs
What are export controls?
What is an export?
What is a deemed export?
What is a technology control plan?
What is an export license and how do I get one?
International Safety & Security
Office for the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation
Sponsored Programs Administration
University Ethics and Compliance Office
Foreign Influence UIUC Massmail
Security Management Office
The Security Management Office (SMO) has been developed to provide the faculty and staff of the University of Illinois the opportunity to secure funding and perform joint operations in the classified domain. The SMO is a full-service operation with the capacity to manage personnel clearances, host classified contracts, and promote collaboration with other cleared facilities.
Hiring International Student & Staff
- Each department/college is responsible for conducting Restricted Party Screening for all Foreign National employees. Please contact your Department HR to begin the hiring process.
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Bureau of Industry and Security
- Directorate of Defense Trade Controls
- Office of Foreign Assets Control
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- National Policy on the Transfer of Scientific, Technical and Engineering Information
- Council on Government Relations Export Control Resources
- Association of American Universities
Federal Agency Control Lists
- Commerce Control List
- U.S. Munitions List
- NRC: 10 CFR Part 110
- DOE: 10 CFR Part 810
- Specially Designated Nationals List
- Export Administration Regulations
- International Traffic In Arms Regulation
- OFAC Sanctions and Embargoes
Our Export Compliance Office can help. Contact Export Compliance Officer Kathy Gentry or Deputy Export Compliance Officer Chyvonne Gibson for assistance with screening, obtaining a license, technology control plans, visitor control plans, and suspected violations.
Export Compliance Officer
Deputy Export Compliance Officer
International Safety and Security sets and maintains the standards and protocol for pre-departure training and ongoing safety needs for those participating in international activities with the University on a 24/7 basis. Contact Andrew Collum for help.
Associate Director for International Safety and Security
Purchasing Controlled Items
Contact Brad Henson, the Associate Director of Purchasing, for help.
Director of Purchasing