Getting To and From Campus
- University of Illinois Willard Airport (in Champaign-Urbana)
- Central Illinois Regional Airport (45 minute drive to campus)
- Peoria International Airport (1.5 hour drive to campus)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (2 hour drive to campus)
- Chicago O’Hare (2 hour drive to campus)
- Indianapolis Airport (2 hour drive to campus)
- St. Louis International Airport (3 hour drive to campus)
Transportation On and Around Campus
A majority of students use the MTD bus service to get to, from, and around campus. Riding the bus around Champaign-Urbana is free for UIUC students by showing your i-Card to the bus driver as you board the bus. In addition to their online schedules and routes, the MTD offers a trip planner. Schedule booklets can also usually be found on most MTD buses as you board.
Parking On Campus
If you are planning to drive to and park on campus, we recommend you make parking plans and arrangements before arriving for orientation at Mumford Hall. We ask this to ensure that your arrival to the orientation goes smoothly, as parking on and around campus can be tricky, scarce, and strictly enforced.
- There is metered street parking east of Mumford Hall in lots F28 and F14.
- The meters on the Dorner Street (east of building) and Pennsylvania Avenue (south of building) are 2 hour time limits. These meters require drivers move their car after 2 hours (no re-feeding the meter). These meters are strictly enforced Monday – Saturday.
- The current meter rate is $1.00 per hour at campus meters.
- All of the meters can be paid via change or Moblie Meter App. We encourage you to use this to manage time and payment. Note, a service fee is assessed when using the app.
- Each parking meter in and around Campustown building is operated by either UIUC, City of Urbana, or City of Champaign. Please see this page to see the visible differences of each of these meters.
- City of Champaign parking meters in the University District are enforced Monday-Saturday. Parking is free in the University District all day on Sundays, and Monday-Saturday from 9:00 PM – 3:00 AM
- Champaign meters downtown are enforced Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Each parking lot will have a blue sign posted listing the days and hours parking is enforced. Generally, on Sundays, on-campus parking is more widely available to visitors. However, please defer to all posted signage regarding parking.
- See this map for an idea of what lots are by permit. You might also try to call Illinois Parking Department to arrange parking before you arrive.
Information for Champaign-Urbana accommodations, transportation, and other services can be found at: http://www.visitchampaigncounty.org/plan-your-trip.
There are several good hotel options listed below. Please book early to reserve your room with the rates listed below. In the past, students have also used services such as AirBnB and Couchsurfing with success.
- Illini Union Hotel (walking distance)
- TownePlace Suites by Marriot (walking distance)
- I-Hotel (walking distance)
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Hampton Inn Champaign
Accessibility and Disability Accommodations
For useful information, to obtain disability-related academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids to fully participate, please reach out to the Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) as soon as possible. To contact DRES, you may visit 1207 S. Oak St., Champaign, call 333-4603, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the DRES website.
View the campus accessibility map online.