Planning Retreat Update (Including Registration) (LIBNEWS 12/4/14)

Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 3:43 PM
To: LIBNEWS-L@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU
Subject: planning retreat update (including registration)

Greetings all!

I write to invite everyone to the Library Retreat on Friday, January 9, 8:30 am-12:30 pm (registration information below). Lisa Hinchliffe and the Strategic Planning Steering Team are hard at work planning an interesting and engaging time for us all. I’m looking forward to a lively discussion of our Library’s accomplishments and future directions.

To facilitate participation, the University Library will be closed until 1 pm that day. I want to encourage all library employees to attend the Retreat so that we have as broad and inclusive a strategic planning process as possible. A continental breakfast will be provided in the morning and we will conclude with a lunch as well. As such, I need to ask that each person register so we have accurate counts for catering and retreat materials. Please do so using this online form (https://illinois.edu/sb/sec/8851474) by December 23.

If you have any questions about the Retreat or the strategic planning process, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Lisa Hinchliffe, coordinator for this process. I am pleased to hear that some groups have already invited Lisa to meetings to discuss the process and how they can contribute.

I look forward to seeing you all on January 9!

John

John P. Wilkin
Juanita J. and Robert E. Simpson Dean of Libraries and University Librarian
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
230 Library, MC-522
1408 W. Gregory Drive
Urbana, IL 61801

jpwilkin@illinois.edu
217-333-0790 (voice)
217-244-4358 (fax)