Welcome to the my homepage!
I am Lingrui(Gary) Gan, a final year Ph.D. student in Statistics at UIUC. I have a broad interest in machine learning, statistics and data science, motivated from real applications. Currently, my research focuses on graphical models, Bayesian methods, high-dimensional data, non-convex optimization and variational inference.
My CV (updated at Sept 2019) can be downloaded here: link.
Lingrui (Gary) Gan
Ph.D. Student in Statistics
E-mail: lgan6 AT illinois.edu
- Ph.D. in Statistics, 2019, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- B.S. in Mathematics (With Honors), 2014, Chu Kochen Honors College, Zhejiang University, China.
Graphical Models, Machine Learning, High dimensional statistics, Bayesian Statistics, Non-convex Optimization, Deep Learning.
Honors & Awards
- Dissertation Completion Fellowship, Graduate College of UIUC, 2018
- Best Student Paper Award, SBSS Section of the American Statistical Association (ASA), 2018
- Norton Prize Thesis Honorable Mention, UIUC, 2018
- Research Scientist, Machine Learning @ Facebook
- Menlo Park, CA, June-August 2018
- Research Scientist, NLP @ Gartner
- Champaign, IL, Jan-May 2018
- Data Scientist @ Stitch Fix
- San Francisco, CA, May-August 2017
- Statistician @ Takeda Pharmaceutical
- Cambridge, MA, May-August 2016