Dear Sister,

I have an important decision ahead of me. I need to choose an exigent topic for my research paper in Professor Hays’ rhetoric course.  With countless issues surrounding our society today, it’ll be quite a task to focus on a specific one. On one hand, I’m very passionate about the recent DACA statement made by the Trump administration. The decision to end the deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) crushes the dreams of nearly 800,000 young people who had a stake within the American dream. Not only does this harm the United States from an economical perspective, but it also undermines the foundation on which this country was built on. Besides DACA, I’m also equally concerned about the Graham-Cassidy Health Care bill that will affect countless Americans. Citizens with pre-existing conditions could be denied coverage given that states have the power to waive that requirement due to the new changes made for the bill. This is very problematic because individuals with chronic diseases, etc. will find it difficult to afford insurance. With such  concerning issues surrounding our society today, it will be difficult for me to pick a topic that I want to research about. These obstacles currently facing our society will eventually need a proper solution. I hope I can be a valuable asset to our society that will bring about a positive change.