ITLW is designed for participants to practice skills and concepts learned throughout the program at their jobs, therefore participants should be professionals in a technology-focused or technology-adjacent work environment who are viewed as emerging leaders and have a strong desire to enhance leadership practices.
This session of ITLW is fully in-person, but we recognize the shifting nature of the IT workforce and are evaluating how to provide leadership development for remote employees in the future. The ITLW program 2022 dates are held from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM at the Allerton on the following dates:
- Session 1: Wednesday, May 11th
- Session 2: Thursday, June 2nd
- Session 3: Tuesday, July 14th
ITLW has a small cohort size to provide ample opportunities for discussion, coaching, and practice for each participant. As a result, seats are limited and cohort members are carefully selected based on their application materials through the following criteria:
- The majority of the cohort will be Urbana campus IT professionals but there are spaces reserved for IT professionals from UIC and UIS.
- Any professional in a technology-focused or technology-adjacent work environment.
- An individual is viewed as an emerging leader (but does not have to currently be a manager/supervisor).
- An individual is involved in campus initiatives and has opportunities to lead across campus.
- An individual is committed to professional development.
The application process uses self-nominations with a supporting letter of reference. Both submissions are required for consideration.
- The ITLW 2022 Application Form must be completed by the nominee.
- An ITLW 2022 Nomination Form must be completed by a supervisor or someone familiar with the nominee’s work and readiness for this program.
- Verify that you are able to attend the 2022 sessions (listed above in the When section).
- Submit your application online using the ITLW 2022 Application. This form will likely take 15-25 minutes to complete. Partially completed forms may be saved and continued later, though for full consideration please submit by the application deadline.
- Secure a reference from a supervisor or peer and have them complete the ITLW 2022 Nomination form. Partially completed forms may be saved and continued later, though for full consideration please submit by the application deadline.
There is a fee of $350. The fee covers the cost of renting space at Allerton for three days, lunches, and some materials for the workshop. Based on our own experiences, and reinforced by those of fellow ITLP alums and graduates of the ITLW programs, being off-campus is important.