The list of courses available to non-degree students changes every semester. Degree-seeking students have priority registration at the iSchool. Non-degree course lists are released after degree-seeking students register.
Other factors that may impact what non-degree courses are available include: seat capacity, course level, modality (online vs. in-person), and course prerequisites.
Courses offered in past semesters include:
- IS 403 Children’s Materials
- IS 407 Introduction to Data Science
- IS 413 Teen Materials
- IS 432 Early Literacy
- IS 436 Playful Design Methods
- IS 453 Information Books and Resources for Youth
- IS 471 Instructional Strategies for Technology and Information Professionals
- IS 532 School Library Management
- IS 534 Information Consulting
- IS 542 Research and Inquiry for Youth
- IS 551 Youth Services Librarianship
- IS 563 RVO Reviewing Children’s Literature
- IS 565 Cataloging for School Libraries
- IS 571 LRR Literacy, Reading, and Readers
- IS 581 DCE Digital Citizenship and Ethics
- IS 581 EYO Educational Technology and Youth
- IS 581 ISM Instruct Strategies for Media Lit
- IS 581 LLM Legal Issues in Library Management
- IS 581 MLO Foundations of Media Literacy
- IS 582 RBO Rare Books and Special Collections
- IS 582 TLO Theological Librarianship
- IS 591 MAO Music Librarianship
- IS 594 PMO Personnel Management
If you are interested in receiving updates about non-degree registration, please subscribe to the iSchool Non-degree Programs listserv.
Questions can be directed to Anna Elizabeth Mitchell, at email@example.com (preferred contact method), or at (217) 333-4601. A list common questions and answers can be found in the FAQs tab.