As the iSchool fully transitions to Canvas, you may be feeling overwhelmed with all there is to know about using the new learning management system. Fortunately for you, the Help Desk has compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions for instructors and students. Whether you’re an instructor with questions about creating assignments or a student trying to figure out how to upload an assignment, the Canvas FAQ lists can help answer all of your Canvas questions!
Welcome to the new semester!
This week’s Tech Tip covers some of the most relevant and helpful resources and tips to prepare you for the start of the semester.
- 2FA, or 2-Factor Authentication uses your smartphone to keep your university accounts secure.
- Learn more about 2FA here.
- You can access your university email in Outlook once you have claimed your NetID.
- Learn more about Outlook here.
- Moodle is where you will access your course pages. Each course will look a little different, but this is often where you will find your syllabus, assignments, and grades.
- Learn more about Moodle here.
- A VPN can be used to gain access to some on-campus resources from off-campus.
- Learn more about the free Cisco AnyConnect VPN here.
- Box is an online cloud-based storage system that is useful for collaborating and sharing files and for accessing files digitally.
- Learn more about Box here.
Follow us the rest of the semester for a new Tech Tip each week!
As the middle of the semester nears, you may find yourself preparing for presentations. This week’s Tech Tip is here to help prepare you for presenting in Zoom!
As always, if you have any questions please reach out to us at the Help Desk!
If you haven’t experienced Zoom yet, you will soon!
Zoom is used at the iSchool for classes and meetings. If you have never used Zoom before, if you have a question, or are looking for a refresher then the iSchool Wiki is the place you want to be.
And as always you can ask the Help Desk if you have any questions or concerns about Zoom! We are currently working remotely, but you can still reach us at 217-244-4903 or 800-377-1892, firstname.lastname@example.org, and on our TechChat.
If you have a question about anything related to the iSchool, one of the best resources is the iSchool Wiki!
The wiki includes information on student resources, technology resources, instructional resources, research, human resources, communications resources, and more!
You can even use the search feature in the left-hand column for easy navigation!