With midterms underway and preparations for final presentations beginning, you may soon find yourself needing to share a PowerPoint in Zoom.
This week’s Tech Tip will show you how you can share PowerPoint without it taking up your entire screen, which is particularly helpful if you have notes you also need visible to yourself.
Sharing a PowerPoint
By default, your PowerPoint presentation will take up your whole screen and you may be unable to see the Chat and Manage Participants. Follow these instructions to contain your presentation in a window rather than full-screen.
- Open the PowerPoint you want to present.
- Click the Slide Show tab in the top bar, then Set Up Slide Show.
- Under Show type, select Browsed by an individual (window) and click OK.
- Open your presentation by clicking the Slide Show tab, then click Play from Start or Play from Current Slide
Your presentation will display in a window.
- In Zoom, start or join a meeting.
- Click Share Screen in the meeting controls.
- Select the Powerpoint window and click Share.