Spending so much time sitting at a computer, it can be easy to forget to mind your posture.
Here are some tips on how to have a better posture.
- Try to stay aware of your posture throughout the day!
- This could mean setting an alarm on your phone to remind you to check your posture or even trying one of the apps designed to help you improve your posture.
- Get up and move!
- The longer you sit the more likely you are to slouch, so try to take some breaks from the computer and stretch your legs a bit. This is also a good way to prevent eye strain!
- Move your monitor so that the top of the screen is at eye-level!
- If you’re able to do this it is an easy way to encourage yourself subtly to sit up more regularly.
It’s not just your spine that needs a little attention! Proper wrist posture when typing will be far worth the effort in the long run as well.
- Keep your wrists straight and your fingers curved!
- If you’re able to purchase one, wrist rests can help encourage better wrist posture!
- Regular hand stretches are also a great way to keep your hands and wrists happy and healthy!