Kathryn G Hansen Scholarship application
One $500 scholarship is being awarded by Illinois Administrative Professionals in honor of Kathryn G. Hansen. Ms. Hansen was one of the founding members of the State Universities Civil Service System, and Illinois Administrative Professionals, an organization composed of employees in civil service classifications with qualifications that meet or exceed those of Office Support Associate. The scholarship is to be used for tuition, books, or other related educational expenses at any university within the State of Illinois.
- be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the 2021-2022 academic year in Illinois, progressing normally toward graduation, and planning to enter college no later than the fall following graduation;
- have a strong commitment to pursuing a higher education in an office professional, secretarial, or business-related field within the State of Illinois with preference given to attendance at the University of Illinois;
- involvement in co-curricular and community activities;
- demonstrate academic achievement;
- be a resident of Illinois;
- be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
The recipient will be asked to attend a presentation at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign campus to receive a certificate. A recipient unable to attend the presentation must contact the committee. If a recipient makes no direct contact with the committee once they have been notified the scholarship is forfeited.
Deadline for application (postmark/email receipt) and all materials is Monday, March 14, 2022.
The application packet must include:
- Application form found here: Kathryn G. Hansen Scholarship
- A brief (approximately 500 words) essay explaining your future educational and career plans.
- Two letters of recommendation from non-relatives, (submitted via US Mail or e-mail)
- High school transcript to include grade-point scale, average, ACT score and class rank. Note: an unofficial transcript will suffice. (can be submitted via US Mail or e-mail)
Falsification of information will result in disqualification from the scholarship competition.
Mailing address for application materials:
Email (preferred method): email@example.com
IAP Kathryn G. Hansen Scholarship Committee
School of Information Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
614 E. Daniel Street
Champaign, IL 61820