DEADLINE: March 11, 2024
Illinois Administrative Professionals is sponsoring a $500 scholarship, in honor of Kathryn G. Hansen. Ms. Hansen was one of the founding members of the State Universities Civil Service System and Illinois Administrative Professionals (an organization composed of employees in civil service classifications with qualifications that meet or exceed those of Office Support Associate). The scholarship is for graduating high school seniors and is to be used for tuition, books, or other related educational expenses at any college or university within the State of Illinois.
- Enrolled full-time as a high school senior in the 2023-2024 academic year in Illinois, progressing normally toward graduation.
- Plans to enroll in college/university no later than the fall following high school graduation.
- Strong commitment to pursuing higher education in a business-related field within the State of Illinois (with preference given to those attending the University of Illinois).
- Involvement in co-curricular and community activities.
- Academic achievement.
- Resident of Illinois.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
Your application packet must include the following:
- Application form and brief (approximately 500 words) essay explaining your future educational and career plans. The online application form is available at: Kathryn G. Hansen Scholarship.
- Two letters of recommendation from non-relatives.
- High school transcript to include grade-point scale, average GPA, ACT and/or SAT score and class rank. Note: An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- Falsification of information will result in disqualification from the scholarship competition.
- Applications must be complete no later than March 11, 2024 or they will not be considered.
HOW TO SUBMIT APPLICATION MATERIALS:
Via email (preferred method):
- Helen Agans (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jill Ouellette (email@example.com)
- All email application submissions must be complete and received by 5pm, Monday, March 11, 2024.
- Helen Agans
IAP Kathryn G. Hansen Scholarship Committee
College of Law
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave., MC597
Champaign, IL 61820
- All applications sent through U.S. Mail must be complete and postmarked no later than March 11, 2024.