Welcome to the Illinois Administrative Professionals
The Illinois Administrative Professionals is an organization for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign employees in certain Civil Service classifications. Over the years, office support functions and responsibilities have changed, as have the skills required to perform these roles effectively. Illinois Administrative Professionals seeks to build collegiality across campus. Our primary objectives are:
- Establish a fellowship and create a high standard of ethics among members.
- Assist in the professional development of members.
- Serve as a forum for the discussion of issues affecting support staff of the University of Illinois.
- Further knowledge about the University of Illinois and uphold its honor and dignity.
Mark Your Calendar For Upcoming Dates:
IAP Membership Renewal is now open for the 2020-21 Academic Year on paper form. The online registration will be available by Friday, July 10.
IAP Programs & Events Committee
(David Perryn, Tenea Harris, Suzi Stadel, Marie Tan)
IAP Programs & Events Committee obtained feedback through an interest survey and learned that 75% of respondents asked for a Social Justice Discussion by the Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations (OIIR). As Illinois Professionals, you may be asking some questions about Social Justice and want to expand your knowledge to better support students and colleagues. IAP Programs & Events will host Dr. Joe Minarik on July 15th via Zoom. We hope you can join us at 12:00pm for this topic. We will utilize breakout rooms for this event, so registration will close on Sunday, July 12th.
In order to attain the most of the experience, please watch the following video a few days prior to the event: “The danger of a single story” which features a TED Talk by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ihs241zeg
To obtain the link for this Zoom meeting, please register: https://go.illinois.edu/IAPSocialJustice
Join us for our monthly IAP lunch meeting on Wednesday, July 15 at 12 pm!
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Guest Speaker Morris Moseley
Past Professional Development Events
- Tour of the Electrical And Computing Engineering Building
- Tour of the Natural History Building
- Tour of the Chez Veterans Center
- Mentoring/Leadership Development
- SURS Retirement
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Speed Networking
- Source2Pay/Parking App