Welcome to the Illinois Administrative Professionals
The Illinois Administrative Professionals is an organization for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign employees in certain Civil Service classifications. Over the years, office support functions and responsibilities have changed, as have the skills required to perform these roles effectively. Illinois Administrative Professionals seeks to build collegiality across campus. Our primary objectives are:
- Establish a fellowship and create a high standard of ethics among members.
- Assist in the professional development of members.
- Serve as a forum for the discussion of issues affecting support staff of the University of Illinois.
- Further knowledge about the University of Illinois and uphold its honor and dignity.
Upcoming IAP Zoom Meetings
Illinois Administrative Professional – Holiday Family Program
Our Illinois Administrative Professional ‘s organization has the opportunity to assist a family in need this Holiday Season. Our family comes to us through Faculty Staff Assistance Services at the University of Illinois. Our family includes a mother (recently widowed) with two small children, a boy age 9 and a girl age 5. We would like to provide them a joyous holiday by providing clothing, toys, and essential needs. We would also like to provide the mother with a few gifts as well.
In order to do this in a safe socially distance way please visit the Walmart registry here. Items on the registry have been selected based on the family needs and the children’s “wish list”. The registry is set up so that the items will be mailed to a Philanthropy committee members home. We will take it from there. Please let me know if you run into any problems. If you would like to purchase a gift card, please feel free to do that as well.
We thank you for your continued generosity!!
The Philanthropy Committee,
Jane, Deb & Jill
Past Professional Development Events
- Tour of the Electrical And Computing Engineering Building
- Tour of the Natural History Building
- Tour of the Chez Veterans Center
- Mentoring/Leadership Development
- SURS Retirement
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Speed Networking
- Source2Pay/Parking App