PhD Research Focus:
Analyzing the relationship between tropical cyclones (TCs) and the Earth system
- Representation of northwestern Pacific TCs and the associated upper ocean responses in the high-resolution fully-coupled Community Earth System Model (CESM)
- How does ocean model resolution affect the simulated upper ocean responses to TCs? How does TC contribute to the simulated global ocean heat budget?
Li,H., Sriver,R.(2016):Effects of ocean horizontal resolution on simulations of tropical cyclone-induced upper ocean responses, J. Geophys. Res. Oceans, 121(11), 83058319, doi:10.1002/2016JC011951.
- What is the impact of ocean coupling on the simulated TC characteristics in CESM?
Decision-Making and Climate Modeling with Geoengineering: Using a Climate Action Game Experiment to Inform Climate Decisions
- Originated from the Graduate Collage Focal Point Project
- Interdisciplinary research that encompasses climate science, engineering, and political science.
- Assessing Risks of Landfalling Tropical Cyclones
- In collaboration with Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Visualizing Hurricane-Ocean Interactions
- Some visualizations I made with ParaView:
- TC winds and SST cold wake: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c266nx9xuhxtxot/animaion2.avi?dl=0
- 3D visualization of TC-induced ocean temperature anomalies: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qz5nruvia355gn2/3d_animation.avi?dl=0
- Representation of global SST in high-resolution ocean model: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy4y28u3hsy2imh/sst_animation.avi?dl=0