Call for Papers: Hispanic Linguistics Symposium 2015
Conference Dates: September 24 – 27, 2015
Location: Urbana, IL, USA
Abstract Submission Deadline: May 8, 2015
Meeting Description: The Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign will host the Hispanic Linguistics Symposium from September 24 – 27, 2015. The Hispanic Linguistics Symposium is an annual conference with a focus on theoretical and applied linguistics in Spanish and Portuguese. Abstracts for paper presentations or posters are invited on any area of Hispanic linguistics, and within any theoretical or quantitative framework.
- Papers and posters may be delivered in English, Portuguese, or Spanish.
- Authors may submit up to two abstracts, one individual and one joint.
- Abstracts should be submitted in .pdf format and should not exceed one page (1-inch margins, 12-point Times New Roman font), with a second page reserved for examples, tables, and references.
- Abstracts must clearly present a specific thesis statement and include a description of the topic, the approach, and conclusions. To preserve anonymity during the review process, authors should not include their names or otherwise reveal their identity anywhere in the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted through EasyAbstracts (EasyAbs): http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/HLS2015
- Please specify the title of the paper, area of research, author names, academic affiliations, and e-mail addresses in the form within the abstract submission system.
- Please also specify whether you wish your submission to be considered for presentation as a paper, a poster, or for both categories.
- Abstracts can be submitted through EasyAbs from February 3, 2015 to May 8, 2015.
- Notifications of acceptance/rejection will be sent in mid-July.
All abstract submissions should be made electronically using the Hispanic Linguistic Symposium Abstract Submission System.