Nourishing Soups for Cold Weather

Once it drops below 50 degrees, all that I want to do is bundle up and drink some warm soup. Homemade soups are undoubtedly the best, but when you are in a hurry, waiting for them to get finished can feel like forever! So, here are some of my favorite and quick soup recipes that will nourish your whole body.

The Classic Chicken Noodle

This almost-from-scratch chicken noodle soup recipe from All Recipes covers all of the bases in a perfect cold weather dish. To make it even more healthy, I like to add a protein pasta and lots of crushed red pepper flakes to help clear my sinuses.

Hot and Sour Soup

This is my go to recipe. It takes about 20 minutes, and I like throwing in whatever vegetables I have on hand like cabbage, carrots, or even radishes! Adding in extra chili-garlic paste helps with sore throats, and nixing the tofu in place of more vegetables is always an option too!

It transports well, and I love that even the broth has protein from the egg mixture.

Pioneer Woman’s Tomato Basil

This tomato basil soup is game changing. I truly was not a soup person before trying this one. I love topping it with more fresh basil from my garden and serving it alongside an elevated grilled cheese.

It also is perfect with fried zucchini sticks and mozzarella sticks!

With the changing of the seasons and flu season in full swing, being able to nourish yourself on fresh ingredients is so important. These three soup recipes make it easy!