Staying Healthy Back to School

If you’re like me, and heading back into school or work, you know that life is a whole lot more confusing right about now. There’s so many new rules and regulations to keep ourselves and others healthy and safe. However, with all of these new regulations, it is pretty easy to feel controlled or out of whack when it comes to returning to “normal” life. So, here are a few tips and tricks I’ve found to help me feel more myself in this new normal.

Take walks, lots of them

Fresh air is so so important to our physical and mental health. By taking just an hour a day to walk outside and feel fresh air and sunshine, it can improve our mood greatly. The New York Times reported that warmer weather and UV rays could even impact the effect of the coronavirus, but at the very least, getting out in the sunshine can help us feel more grounded and in tune with the earth.

Personally, I’ve been trying to look for new walking trails nearby, and have even attended a few outdoor yoga classes! Many studios are doing free outdoor classes right now, look into it!

Bring plants into your home

Plants have been known to boost our moods and help keep air clean. So, why wouldn’t you bring some into your workspace? While there are some that are hard to care for, some fool proof plants to have are ferns (which come in all kinds of varieties, I have button and asparagus ferns and love them!) and snake plants!

Bottomline, this time of life we are living in is stressful! Whether you are working from home or returning out into the world, you are likely experiencing a lot of changes. Finding positive, natural ways to channel your energy is a great way to cope with new stressors in your life!