I am currently a third year PhD student in computer science. My advisor is ChengXiang Zhai of the TIMAN group. I am interested in text mining and information retrieval, particularly in the area of health informatics. I received my bachelor’s degree from the California Institute of Technology in computer science. There, I worked closely with Shuki Bruck and Mani Chandy. I code 80% of my experiments in Python nowadays. I have guinea pigs.
- VisAGE: Integrating External Knowledge into Electronic Medical Record Visualization
Edward W Huang, Sheng Wang, and ChengXiang Zhai. Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing, 2017.
- Framing Electronic Medical Records as Polylingual Documents in Query Expansion
Edward W Huang, Sheng Wang, Doris Jung-Lin Lee, Runshun Zhang, Baoyan Liu, Xuezhong Zhou, and ChengXiang Zhai. AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings. American Medical Informatics Association, 2017.
- Identification of Pathways Associated with Chemosensitivity through Network Embedding.
Sheng Wang, Edward W Huang, Junmei Cairns, Jian Peng, Liewei Wang, and Saurabh Sinha. Under review.
- HEMnet: Integration of Electronic Medical Records with Molecular Interaction Networks and Domain Knowledge for Survival Analysis.
Edward W Huang, Sheng Wang, Bingxue Li, Ran Zhang, Baoyan Liu, Runshun Zhang, Jie Liu, Xuezhong Zhou, Hongsheng Lin, ChengXiang Zhai. Proceedings of the 8th ACM International Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics. ACM, 2017.
- PaReCat: Patient Record Subcategorization for Precision Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Edward W Huang, Sheng Wang, Runshun Zhang, Baoyan Liu, Xuezhong Zhou, and ChengXiang Zhai. Proceedings of the 7th ACM International Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics. ACM, 2016.
- A Conditional Probabilistic Model for Joint Analysis of Symptoms, Diagnoses, and Herbs in Traditional Chinese Medicine Patient Records.
Sheng Wang, Edward W Huang, Runshun Zhang, Xiaoping Zhang, Baoyan Liu, Xuezhong Zhou, and ChengXiang Zhai. Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), 2016 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2016.
- Enhanced Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
Edward T. Chow, Simon S. Woo, and Edward W Huang
Software Copyright 2014
JPL & NASA Case No: NPO 49000-CP
NSF Travel Award
NSF GRFP Scholar