Question 1

Dear Maria (sister in high school),

Although you haven’t yet had the college experience, you should know that college is definitely not easy. One of my harder classes is Rhet 105; I am expected to write a critical response every week along with quizzes and other time-consuming assignments. I’m one of the lucky ones to start class every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 8am. Although I am probably sleep-deprived, I make sure I turn in all my assignments on time and follow the given instructions. Hopefully you will prioritize your time and focus on the academics. For Rhet 105, I am expected to write a full-blown research paper! I might have an idea of what I would want to write about, but I’m not set on an ideal topic right now. I want to have enough to write about but not anything too overwhelming. My two options right now are the drinking age of alcohol and the “issue” with parents spanking their children. I decided that a more argumentative topic will be easier to write about. It’s an important decision, and it would be great if you could give me some feedback.

From

Elena