How We Are Doing Advising This Semester
Welcome back! Here’s a quick overview of how we will be doing advising this fall. We are transitioning back to some in-person advising but will continue to offer remote options as well. Please be patient with us (and with yourselves and each other) as we navigate important safety protocols and establish our new routines!
You can connect with us in the following ways:
- You can email your questions and concerns, and we will email you back. If you have an established relationship with a particular advisor and would like to email her directly you may, or you can email email@example.com in which case Anna, Keshia, and Nancy will all see your message and the first person available (and equipped) to reply will do so.
- If you want to communicate with an advisor in real time, please schedule an appointment by calling the office at 217-333-4346 (we do not schedule appointments via email). If you have to leave a message, please include your name, UIN, the reason for the appointment, and your preferred advisor (if any). Someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Depending on your situation and how urgently you want to meet, you may need to schedule a virtual appointment, but if you prefer an in-person appointment please specify that and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- We will not be doing walk-in advising this semester.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes early for a scheduled advising appointment and be sure to follow all posted directions.
- You must be wearing a mask that covers your mouth and nose.
- You will be asked to show your Safer Illinois app screen to demonstrate that you have a current “green light” to enter the building. If you do not, please call to reschedule your appointment, and do not come into the building. In the interests of both safety and fairness, we will make no exceptions to this rule.