a message FROM THE HPRC
- We’re here to meet with students individually via Zoom or phone — you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time.
- HUM 275: Careers for Humanities Majors is an asynchronous online 2-credit course for Fall 2020. Juniors and seniors majoring in the humanities are eligible to take this course, which will help students recognize and promote the skills they learn in their major while exploring potential paths.
- Additional information, advice, and opportunities for students are available on our website: https://humanitiesprc.web.illinois.edu/
- We’re offering a week of late-afternoon career-planning events August 10 – 14, 5:00 – 5:30pm each day, to give humanities majors answers to some of the most common questions they have and prepare them to make the most of campus career resources in the fall semester. See the promotional flier below for more information about each event. Students can register at https://go.illinois.edu/HPRCAugust2020.
Let Us Know Where You’ll Be!
All students enrolled for the Fall 2020 semester are required to provide fall address information by August 17. Maintaining an updated address enables campus health and wellness units to communicate proper protocols to students that will help us all maintain a safe and healthy campus environment during the pandemic. You can update your address in self-service this way:
1) In Self-Service, select “University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.”
2) Log in using your NetID and Password.
3) In the Main Menu, select “Personal Information.”
4) In the Personal Information menu, select “Addresses & Phones.”
5) In the dropdown for “Type of Address to Insert,” select “Student Location” then click “Submit.”
6) Use August 1, 2020 as the “Valid From This Date,” and December 31, 2020 for the “Until This Date” field.
7) Complete the Address Lines 1-3 to the best of your ability. Address Line 1 is a required field that should include your location street name and number. If you don’t know a specific apartment number, for example, you can leave Address Lines 2 and/or 3 blank.
8) Input the City of your location and select the appropriate State or Province from the drop-down. The ZIP or Postal Code and County fields will populate automatically based on City and State or Province. If your location is international, not in the U.S. or Canada, you can enter your nation first, then please provide a complete postal address including street, city, and postal code where applicable.
9) Once you have completed the remaining fields to the best of your ability (phone information is not required), click “Submit.”