Women’s Resources Center Confidential Advising:
WRC is Offering Confidential Advising via Phone. The WRC staff and its services are still available to all students, faculty, and staff! If you need support, give WRC a call at 217-333-3137 or send an email at email@example.com.
Summer Internship: WRC Advocacy Intern:
WRC Fall Internship Now Open:
Applications for the Fall 2020 semester are currently OPEN, and will remain open until all positions are filled. The four different positions are Programming Intern, Advocacy Intern, Graphic Design Intern, and Marketing & Communications Intern. Position descriptions can be found below. Applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview during finals week, or as applications are received.
- Programming Intern Position Description
- Graphic Design Intern Position Description
- Marketing & Communications Intern Position Description
To apply, complete this form: https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/3244939. Also note that you will be asked to upload PDF files of your cover letter, resume, and portfolio / work sample (Graphic Design applicants only) at the end of the form.
Register for CHLH 199B: Campus Acquaintance Rape Education (CARE):
Are you passionate about supporting survivors and making a positive change on campus? Register for CHLH 199B: Campus Acquaintance Rape Education (CARE), Thursdays @ 3:30 – 4:50 during the fall semester.
COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS:
To get information about internal and external resources available to undocumented students during this time, visit https://oiir.illinois.edu/la-casa-cultural-latina/undocumented-daca-students/covid-19.
- Resources from Illinois Student Affairs: https://studentaffairs.illinois.edu/node/11962
- Internet Resources: https://www.highspeedinternet.com/resources/are-there-government-programs-to-help-me-get-internet-service
- State of Illinois’ New Drive-Up WiFi Map Tool: http://illinois.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=23e8046edd2940bc8ad3ad1725e47cd0
- Resources for Laid-Off Restaurant Workers: https://www.timeout.com/chicago/news/chicagos-unemployed-restaurant-workers-can-pick-up-dinner-and-groceries-at-big-star-032320?cid=~chicago~natsoc~facebook~echobox&fbclid=IwAR1O407_ag1tF4ePgzxFnFcS83y03iOmGD0_lA10safmAQRSSpDlw9tkvgs#Echobox=1584985024
- City of Chicago Information and Resources: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home.html?fbclid=IwAR22lkhmuj6ME5IPxcD8BMc4dGyiTKBBvZowFWZlDVlJho43TPTJ1WN4Gk0
For any additional questions, please contact Jorge Mena at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations (OIIR):
To support social distancing practices, OIIR and its units will be closed to the public. Staff in these units will continue to work remotely and can be reached via phone or e-mail during regular business hours (Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm).
GWS 275 (The Politics of Fashion):
Explore the Politics of Fashion this Fall! Satisfy your General Education Criteria Fall 2020 for Cultural Studies – U.S. Minority by taking GWS 275: Politics of Fashion (CRN 71454)! The class will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:00 – 11:50 a.m., and discussions are available on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
We CU Community Engaged Scholars:
University of Illinois is launching a new campus-wide program this summer called “We CU Community Engaged Scholars.” The program is aimed at empowering University of Illinois students to respond to community needs and challenges resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. Students can participate in this program by applying here https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/2966506. For more information, visit https://healthinstitute.illinois.edu/sites/default/files/WeCU_summer2020.pdf.