EMPOWER is a two-year weight loss study developed by nutrition and social work researchers at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and physicians at Carle Foundation Hospital. EMPOWER aims improvement of your diet, lifestyle and health through safe and efficient weight loss:
- Focus on sustainable and enjoyable dietary changes to increase protein and fiber intake while reducing calorie intake
- Overcoming non-dietary barriers to weight loss
- Medical oversight for your safety and health improvement
- Sessions scheduled throughout a year to make step-by-step changes in diet and lifestyle
- Personalized coaching by health professionals based on your self-monitoring of weight and diet
Our goal is that through learning, experimenting and coaching you discover a weight loss approach that is successful and sustainable for YOU.