Call for abstracts is closed.
Abstracts were requested on all aspects of emerging contaminants in the environment, including research, public health, policy, management, outreach, and education. Topics could have been on their detection, fate, transport, effects, remediation, prevention, or other related subjects. The conference will include sessions on:
- Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) (including PFOS, PFOA, & related compounds)
- Pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) (including naturally occurring hormones)
- Plastics and microplastics (including microplastic fibers)
- Algal toxins
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Other emerging contaminants
A Note to Presenters
- Please be sure to register for the conference.
- Traditional presentations should be no longer than 15 minutes (12 minutes for presenting and 3 minutes for questions). Presenters will be cut off at the 12-minute mark. Presentations must be in 16:9 format (widescreen).
- Due to the virtual format of this year’s conference, the poster session is being replaced with a series of Lightning Talks. Lighting talks should include no more than 3 slides, and be submitted as a PDF with 16:9 format (widescreen). Lightning presenters have 5 minutes to present, and no questions will be taken during the live presentation. Opportunities for interaction with lightning talk presenters will be available during the conference and will be announced at a later date.