FabLab Round 1

This week we had an amazing experience at the FabLab. This campus has so many resources that I am still learning about as a senior in college. Now I feel like I only got to experience a tiny little percentage of this campus during my time here and I’m eager to learn and experience everything else this community has to offer to students before I am forced to leave.

While we will be attended that FabLab for 2 more weeks, this last week my group learned about Digital embroidery. It’s a very fascinating concept were we can take any image assign it colors (spools of thread), load it up to the sew machine and watch it embroider anything you want.  It is very fast and simple and I wished I had known about this resource earlier in my career as student of the University.

I was able to make little embroidered Diamonds that I plan on patching on my to Sorority Line jacket so that they can represent the ladies that I love and hold so dear to my heart.IMG_0247IMG_0306

Now we have to ability to now only we able to work with 3D printers but also all of these machines and tools at the FabLab, which will help us better our semester project which will be a device that can help you keep your glasses straight on your face when you lay down on your side on a bed or a sofa.

2 thoughts on “FabLab Round 1

1. Yeah thats Actually what I’ve have been telling my Sorority sisters. When we make like gifts and things for each other we always have to order pay a lot for a few small things but with the FabLab its a little more work but its so much cheaper!

2. I really like the diamonds that you will patch on sorority line jackets. I think the RSOs on campus should also take advantage of the Fab Lab instead of asking some companies outside to print their T-shirts.