Week 5: Model, save, create. Autodesk Fusion 360.

Last week’s Autodesk Fusion 360 tutorial was an eye opener to someone like me. I haven’t used a CAD software in 6 years, so seeing what Autodesk now has to offer blew my mind. Fusion is an amazing software, and though I wasn’t there to see through the basic tutorials, it was very enlightening trying to make a lamp from this software. In my personal opinion, its a lot easier than most of Autodesk’s other software, and I found it very intuitive to create the lamp we learned in class. It felt way easier than 3DS max (which may or may not exist anymore, I really don’t know), which I mainly used back in 2010.

The world of 3D printing continues to awe me. The mindset of being a creator that I have had most of my life felt like it was on the verge of staying a childish dream, and at the beginning of week 1 I felt as though I would move on from what I would learn from this class soon. But now the tables in my mind have turned, and I can’t wait to get started on designing things we may be printing out in class.

Everyone here is becoming a maker, and I’m glad to be a part of it.

It’s high time I start using a mouse, because finishing the massive amount of tutorials out there for Fusion 360 will require an evolution from touchpads. But honestly, I love the tutorials.