Project Forum: Meeting 1

On Monday, March 5, the Scholarly Commons Interns (Matt and Clay) hosted the first Project Forum Discussion. In order to address the variety of projects and scholarly backgrounds, we decided that our conversations should be organized around presentations of projects and related readings from other Digital Humanities scholars or related research. We began by discussing […]

Preparing Your Data for Topic Modeling

In keeping with my series of blog posts on my research project, this post is about how to prepare your data for input into a topic modeling package. I used Twitter data in my project, which is relatively sparse at only 140 characters per tweet, but the principles can be applied to any document or set […]

Studying Rhetorical Responses to Terrorism on Twitter

As a part of my internship at the Scholarly Commons, I’m going to do a series of posts describing the tools and methodologies that I’ve used in order to work on my dissertation project. This write-up serves as an introduction to my project, it’s larger goals, and tools that I use to start working with […]