Submissions for The Image of Research Competition – Undergraduate Edition are now being accepted! The Image of Research Competition – Undergraduate Edition, is a multidisciplinary competition celebrating the diversity and breadth of undergraduate student research at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Who Can Submit?: The competition is open to all undergraduate students. Entries must be submitted by students who are enrolled in the Spring 2015 term and in good academic standing. Students may submit individually, or as a collaborative group. Each person (or research group) may only submit one entry, each submission should include a faculty sponsor, and students are responsible for submitting their own work.
Requirements and Deadlines for Submission:
– The image submitted should represent your research either concretely or abstractly. You will also be submitting a narrative that articulates the connection between the image and your research.
The submission will be judged on:
- Connection between image, text, and research
- Visual Impact
- A title of less than 250 characters
- A 100-200 word description
- Images should be the best quality images you can find. We highly recommend a maximum file size of 100MB and a minimum resolution of 300ppi.
- These images are generally printed at approximately 40 x 28 inches with the abstract included, so be mindful of the size of your image. We recommend that your image measure at least 10 inches on the shortest side.
An important note: Entrants must be principle creator(s) of the image. Third part content can be used, but submitting a third party image unaltered is not permitted. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that any use of images or material that are under copyright by a third party either falls under fair use or that relevant permissions have been sought, that no copyright has been infringed, and that any necessary release forms have been signed.
Submissions will be accepted from February 20 – Sunday, April 5, 2015 12pm CST
– First prize = $300
– Second prize = $200
– And up to two honorable mentions = $50 each
Awards will be presented at the Undergraduate Research Symposium on April 23rd, 2015 at the Illini Union. All images will be professionally printed and displayed at the Undergraduate Research Symposium, and all images will be included in an online exhibit hosted by the University Library.
Questions?: Check out the FAQ section on The Image of Research – UG Edition webpage, drop by the Scholarly Commons (Room 306, Main Library) during open hours, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your entries by using this form: https://illinois.edu/sb/sec/1445728