Want to take advantage of a new feature in Mendeley? We’ve got the details.
Mendeley now offers one-click to save an article reference or PDF from the Mendeley research catalog to your Mendeley library. (Right now this only works on Mendeley.com, but it’s in development for the desktop and iPad applications).
When you’re in Mendeley’s research papers section, there is a new
green button in the upper right corner that will either save a PDF or just a reference in your own Mendeley library. You’ll get the PDF if you (via the University of Illinois Library) have the access to a full-text version of the article button that says In your library, meaning you have access through the University Library.
To make the In your library button work, you have to change a setting in Mendeley to indicate your University of Illinois affiliation. Here’s how:
- Log into your Mendeley.com account.
- Go the My Account button in the upper right corner.
- Click on Account Details.
- Click on the Sharing/Importing tab.
- In the Edit Library Access Links section, click on the Add Library Manually button.
- For Name, type in University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- For Base URL, type in: http://openurl.library.uiuc.edu/sfxlcl3
For Open Access papers there is also a new green button that says Save PDF to Library (meaning your own Mendeley library) when the full PDF is available (or a button called Save reference to library if that’s all the available).
The Mendeley blog has a full post about this new feature and more details.